Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to buy a flywheel?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RingMaster4x4, Dec 16, 2004.

1. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Anyone know of a good (Cheap) place to buy flywheels? I need one for my 427 for a 12" clutch. I checked summit and jegs.Thanks for any help.

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Born to Fly(wheel)

The best "good and cheap" place is a junkyard,or a swap meet,or perhaps E'bay)--also look at your local speed shops,many of them have a "bulletin board" for customers to advertise parts they want to sell or trade,or bought and wont fit,and the store doesnt want to take back----since your 427 doesn't need an externally balanced flywheel,any small block one will work or big block,other than the 400 small block and the 454--too bad,I have a nice used one sitting in my garage--and I have no standard shift trucks(yet anyway!)--if you were nearby I'd say come and get it,before I bolt it to my riding mowers rear wheels for a wheel weight for better plowing performance!!:crazy:

3. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Napa should have them... as do most other parts counters.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Autozone $75, that's where I got mine, and it's Pioneer, same brand that Carquest carries.