Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to buy a good winch bumper, and tire carrier bumper these days?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wy4tt, May 31, 2005.

1. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

My 79 Jimmy is almost ready for the trails. I've replaced just about everything on the truck, in terms of drivetrain, rad, alternator, starter, front/rear end, brake lines, etc. The list goes on and on. So, still working the bugs out and I need to have a good solid front and rear bumper lined up to buy soon.

I'm getting a M12000 Warn, so the front bumper will need to accomodate that. And I'll have a spare 37" MT/R mounted on H2 rim that will need to be mounted on a bumper with a carrier. Any idea where I might pick the bumpers up in Southern CA? I can have them shipped of course, but thought that might add to an already heft bill. I was going to buy from 4x4 iron, but they're under. Same for 4x4 Armor. Nice looking stuff they had. Only place I've found is Kennesaw Mountain 4x4 out in GA.

So if you guys have any leads on strong quality bumpers for a '79 Jimmy, please hook a brother up! Thanks for any tips guys.

2. Michk5

Michk5 1/2 ton status

Misawa Japan until December...moving to Wichita Ka
    [​IMG]

The first pic is from www.diy4x.com or you can look him up on here "cybrfire'

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The 2nd and 3rd pics are from www.blazenoffroad.com or you can look him on here "81jimmyslt"

I know that cybrfire has a front bumper in the works but I don't think he has a date for release yet. These both look like nice bumpers so pick what you like and order!!! You can see more info on them in the vendor forumn.

Matt

3. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

No

No

NO!

Criminals. They take $$$, and break off all contact. IF they finally send you your bumper, from what I hear, you do not want it.

A testement to Kyle's character.

Plenty more stories just like this out there.

I'm not sure where, if ever, I will order a bumper from. 4x4 Iron is out, and all others I have found either are not producing them right now, or don't return emails. (Still waiting on one, though.)

Good luck in your search,
    -Mark

4. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

How about the ones that DP90K5 makes? His bumpers look very nice and he seems like a nice guy to me.

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I don't think he does it professionally anymore, I could be (and hope) I'm wrong.

6. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

Man, I hope your wrong too :( . I love his bumpers and sliders and was planning on buying them! Anyone know for sure?????

7. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

DP90K5 is out of the bumper business for a little while. He still, as far as I know, makes his sliders though. The bumpers were taking a little too much time away from other commitments...

KP

8. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

BTW, here's a link to his site. He's got on the main page that he's not making custom bumpers anymore, just the sliders...

http://www.offroadfabnet.com/dpi

9. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

Bum deal! Hopefully he will make them again someday.

10. Jew Pimpin

Jew Pimpin Registered Member

Someone on this site has a bumper on ther blazer from a place outwest that make stuff for scouts. It's a really sweet bumper and I talked to the guy at the shop once and he said the bumpers are $500. He also makes them for blazers.

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

never had a problem with KMA. I ran their front bumper for years, very nice bumper. It got smacked on plenty of rocks (and cars) and the only thing I ever had to do to it to "fix" it was re-spray it with some rattle can paint so it didn't rust. I liked my KMA a lot, only reason I sold it is cause I got a 8274 and Im gonna narrow my rig. Might as well go full custom at that point...

j

12. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

13. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all the info guys. I'll have to do some more research.

Thanks for the link Blue85. I couldn't see a picture of your bumper though, only the one you modeled it after. Which looks great, btw. Do you have a link to a pic of yours?

14. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

here is the bumper i built
    [​IMG]

15. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Give us a ring we have been building bumpers for 4 years. Same style as on our Suburban that is on the cover of this months Four Wheeler.
    Four Wheeler

16. mccomas

mccomas 1/2 ton status

i have been searching for some time as well for a fat winch bumber - i loved the 4x4 iron stuff. someone needs to pony up and make these. MOO, i will give you guys a call. if you are doing any, you should post something up in the vendor section... i hate to dish out 1000 for a buckstop...

17. justwhatido

justwhatido 1/2 ton status

kennesaw Mountain makes both

You can find them on the web. Good solid stuff. Slow filling orders though.

Fred