Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where to buy a PTO for a 465?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by GMCLegacy, May 8, 2002.

1. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

anyone know of any suppliers of these? or have one they are wanting to sell?

thanks
    amrc

2. OLD YELLOW 70K5

OLD YELLOW 70K5 Newbie

I have a chesea pto mated to a ramsey 8,000 lb mechanical winch that came off of a chevy 70 1/2 w/ a 465. I know that they are probably not that difficult to get because we use both the hydraulic and mechanical type on our work trucks and chelsea and ramsey still sell them new. To see chelsea, goto http://www2.dana.com/expert/ and click on the chelsea link. Ramsey is at www.ramsey.com and goto the industrial winch section. I dont know how much research you've done or help you you may need in locating a setup, so if you have ?'s or need help finding new/used, let me know @ skinner1@quixnet.net and i'll help all that I can.

3. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

thanks for the info, but i cant seem to get any ordering info. i can find my application and all, but cant find prices and availibility.

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Chelsea makes good PTOs we use the alot on or big rigs. But I've also had good luck with Munsie's PTOs. Somewhere around the office I have some computer discs with the complete munsie line on them.

5. OLD YELLOW 70K5

OLD YELLOW 70K5 Newbie

I may have a line on a used one if you dont mind paying for freight. Trying to get more info on it this next week. If you have any more info on your tranny/transfer case, it my help. Also did you called them(chelsea,ramsey) yet, thats what I ended up doing to get the stuff I needed for my setup.

6. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

There is a place here in phoenix called PTO SALES....and thats all they deal with.

Azblazer