Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to buy a Warn M8000?

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by ban-one, May 13, 2004.

1. ban-one

ban-one Registered Member

Hi,
    I intend to buy some winches for me and some guys over here in Germany. I want them to be shipped to a friend of mine in New York who will send them with the next container.
    Now I'm looking for a dealer who is making a good price and does shipping within continental USA. So I found this link http://www.sportztrailers.com/cgi-bin/ePages4.filereader?40a389cc003640490000c0a8014205da+EN/products/123058&2D1018148
    Is $500,00 and free shipping a good price for a WARN M8000 (8000lbs. towing cap. will be enough) PN 20910? Do You know dealers who can offer a better price? Would You prefer annother model within the M8000 series (PN 26502 or PN 265022)?
    Thanks for response and sorry for my poor english. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

You might wanna post this in the Garage Forum instead, it'll probably get more responses there.

By the way, your English is pretty damn good... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. ban-one

Thanks Corby for that hint. I posted it in The Garage.
    By the way, I looked into Your profile and found out that You have quite the same hobbies as me. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

Are the hobbies "The big ol ****** and beer"?? Those are my hobbies too /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif. Oh and trucks is in there somewhere. Glad we all agree on what's important.

Regarding the winches, I kinda like the Milemarker units. Seem to be well made and cheaper than the Warn. You can get the 9000lb for $400-450 and the 12000lb for about $600. I'll be getting the 12K in a couple weeks.

5. ban-one

Milemarkers are well known in Germany, too.
    Where did You purchase Yours, Jeff?

By the way, did You know that a CE-M8000 (CE means Certified Engineering version for Europe) is 1.350,00 EURO?
    About 1.620,00 US$. Crazy, isn't it?

6. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Are the hobbies "The big ol ****** and beer"?? Those are my hobbies too /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif. Oh and trucks is in there somewhere. Glad we all agree on what's important.

Regarding the winches, I kinda like the Milemarker units. Seem to be well made and cheaper than the Warn. You can get the 9000lb for $400-450 and the 12000lb for about $600. I'll be getting the 12K in a couple weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to suggest the same, MM are the cheapest and if they're good enough for the MILITARY they are good enough.