Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to buy a whole pre bent brake line setup

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ProJunkRacing, Jul 5, 2005.

1. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

where can i find pre bent brake lines for my 86 i dont wanna bend them i wanna buy the entire kit lmc's catalog list the kit for 2wd's

oh by the way 86 shortbed is what i got thanks or any info as to how much line i would need if i have to bend it myself thanks phil

2. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

For the price of a pre-bent kit...

You can buy a really nice flare tool, a good tubing cutter, and a decent set of tubing bending pliers... plus plenty of line.

The problem I ran into years ago on a friend's truck was that the prebent tubes were a PITA to get to where they needed to be unless you're doing a bare frame.

I bought a 25' roll of 3/8", a roll of 5/16", a roll of 1/4", and a roll of 3/16" to redo all my fuel and brake lines from Summit. I had plenty left over. I recommend buying new tube ends as well. I got mine from a hardware store that was going out of business so I got them real cheap. Otherwise, Summit is usually cheaper than an auto parts store.

3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If your still looking for prebent tubes, I highly recommend www.inlinetube.com
    I did every line on my 80 pulling truck (easy with bare frame), and then did my 78 which was fully assembled.

Doing the 80 was obviously easier, but I was able to do the 78 without much trouble. The key is to keep the rubber/plastic caps on the end to keep the tubes and fittings from getting crap in them and you WILL have to straighten out some of the bends to fit them into place and then reform the bends (but it very easy to do). The hardest part is where the lines run between the frame and the passenger's side motor mounts (VERY TIGHT) but doable with some patience. I have very little patience, so if I can do it, most on here can..... :eek1:

If I had a buddy over to help me on the 78, it would have made life alot easier to, as some of the lines are long and an extra set of hands to hold and feed lines through certain areas would have cut the time down, but it's not a requirement....

4. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

thanks i think i am gonna do that i want it already to bolt in so yeah i will e ordering it within the next few weeks but yeah lmc had it for like 200 for 2wd mine is 155 for oem 185 stainless but i gotta go back to work so have a good oe

5. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I bought mine from inline tube. They were a PIA....luckily I have a 3" body lift, which made it easier.

In the end I'm glad I went with the pre-bent, they really are bent where they need to be, just hard to navigate the front. Once you got behind the engine, it was smooth sailing.

If I had to do them again, I'd go pre-bent from inline

I did SS extended lines on the front when I did the rest

Brandy