Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where to buy afull lift system?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by new2k5, Mar 12, 2003.

1. new2k5

new2k5 1/2 ton status

does anyone sell a full 4" lift system. meaning all steering stuff, shims brakelines, greasble harware, etc.? i would like to buy from the sponsor of this site but i cant find prices on his website

2. Ryan2286

Ryan2286 Registered Member

Yeah basically this has been covered many times. but anyway alot of guys swear by Rough Country aka Heckthorn I believe. Although instead of ROugh I'd go with Tuff, ha ha, as in Tuff Country EZ ride springs. That kit gives you front springs rear blocks and U-bolts. You don't need brakelines or driveshaft modifications for four inches, and if you get the blocks they have taper built into them to shim the rear axle. As for steering modifications just about every company makes a raised steering arm or dropped drag link. I opted to use the dropped drag link to take the play out of the steering by getting rid of the old ball joints. Thats about it so check out whatever company you want, from skyjacker to superlift to offroad design shackle flip, A K5 can be lifted four inches for 500 dollars, have fun and use the search feature. -Ryan

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Lots of members can put together complete kits for you. You might want to give ORD a call also. Check with Steve at info@coloradok5.com and see what kind of deal he can hook up for you.

4. new2k5

new2k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah basically this has been covered many times. but anyway alot of guys swear by Rough Country aka Heckthorn I believe. Although instead of ROugh I'd go with Tuff, ha ha, as in Tuff Country EZ ride springs. That kit gives you front springs rear blocks and U-bolts. You don't need brakelines or driveshaft modifications for four inches, and if you get the blocks they have taper built into them to shim the rear axle. As for steering modifications just about every company makes a raised steering arm or dropped drag link. I opted to use the dropped drag link to take the play out of the steering by getting rid of the old ball joints. Thats about it so check out whatever company you want, from skyjacker to superlift to offroad design shackle flip, A K5 can be lifted four inches for 500 dollars, have fun and use the search feature. -Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

i am not asking what kit to buy but rather if anyone sells everything all together. every where i look sells peices i would like to purchase everything in one kit. when i drove jeeps i would go to rubicon express and they wold give me a complete kit. and yes i know what the search engine does. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif as for steering i have the stuff do do cross ver but since i will be up for inspection soon and cross over wont let me use the sway bar i would like to get my steering set up rightill i decide to install my cross over stuff.

5. new2k5

new2k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Lots of members can put together complete kits for you. You might want to give ORD a call also. Check with Steve at info@coloradok5.com and see what kind of deal he can hook up for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

i emaile dhim thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. bad andy

bad andy 1/2 ton status

ORD can give you everything you need

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, ORD would be a good source for the complete package. As far as brands go... BDS makes some dang good springs...

j

8. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Lots of members can put together complete kits for you

[/ QUOTE ]

*cough* ahem, some give good service, too /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif *cough* /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Swanson52 hooked me up with my lift. Hooked me up good too. Great price and even drove over 100 miles to delive everything to my front door. Now that's service.

10. new2k5

new2k5 1/2 ton status

ORD doesn't list a full kit on their site. but i will give em a call today. i have ordered my zero rates, shackles and u bolts from them already.

i would like to go bds or tough country. i also considered black diamond but couldn't get any real world feed back on em

11. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Hi all,

OK, Im going to make my first post here. I have spent probably 2 weeks using the search function and pretty much came to the conclusion if you went to 4" you had to do breakline swaps, transfer case shims, possible driveshaft lengthing etc. But the above post says not required /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I just purchased an 88 Silverado with factory tow package. It is currently stock and I was thinking about going 2-2.5" lift with 33's to make it simple. If 4" is the limit, I might do that.

Is there a basic height when blocks become a problem? My front springs are negative curved and I dont want to mess up the ride. Since I need tires, I cant afford $500+ for a liftkit. Was thinking tuffcountry 2" springs and blocks for the rear. Any other suggestions? Should I look at the 4" lift instead?

I plan on doing wheeling in the local So Cal deserts and mountains. Like hill and rock crawling cuz we camp and dont really care about 80MPH, 4' off the ground type of wheeling. Just slow, low, and exploring the back country.

Thanks and what a great site!

12. new2k5

new2k5 1/2 ton status

personally i think blocks are the shadiest red neck invention next to frame stacking. and i'm a banjo lovin hill folk myself /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif i would go with a adda leaf over a block. infact in many states blocks are illegal. i think it SHOULD be that way everywhere. i will be finishing up my lift and axel swap this weekend or early next week. i dont plan to legnthen my Dshafts and i have breakline extension brackets. i will le ya know how it goes.

by the way i went with a bds from a somewhat local place for more tha i wanted top pay buti could pick it up today /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i am extremely impatient

13. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

with 4" you will hafta drop the t-case but the factory supplied spacers on top of the frame. All you do is move this spacer under the frame. Brake lines are replaced, steering arm is replaced.

14. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif You just have to grill for me next time I deliver, is all. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

15. 78GMC1/2TON4x4

78GMC1/2TON4x4 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif Try www.superlift.com got some fairly good deals on skyjackers and superlifts /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi all,

OK, Im going to make my first post here. I have spent probably 2 weeks using the search function and pretty much came to the conclusion if you went to 4" you had to do breakline swaps, transfer case shims, possible driveshaft lengthing etc. But the above post says not required /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I just purchased an 88 Silverado with factory tow package. It is currently stock and I was thinking about going 2-2.5" lift with 33's to make it simple. If 4" is the limit, I might do that.

Is there a basic height when blocks become a problem? My front springs are negative curved and I dont want to mess up the ride. Since I need tires, I cant afford $500+ for a liftkit. Was thinking tuffcountry 2" springs and blocks for the rear. Any other suggestions? Should I look at the 4" lift instead?

I plan on doing wheeling in the local So Cal deserts and mountains. Like hill and rock crawling cuz we camp and dont really care about 80MPH, 4' off the ground type of wheeling. Just slow, low, and exploring the back country.

Thanks and what a great site!

[/ QUOTE ] If you're only going 33" tires, just trim the fenders. No lift.

17. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

blocks are never really a good way to lift... that said, the way most people use their 4x4s (daily driver with occassional light wheeling) blocks are fine. IMO, if you are poor and are trying to figure out how you should use limited funds, blocks may be part of the answer. Personally I'd prolly try a home made shackle flip before the blocks.... but still, blocks can be used for some apps with no problems.

j

18. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Orange members get discounts at ORD and Offcamber 4x4. It will more then pay for your membership. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Thanks! In fact, I just sent in my dues tonite. Hopefully be orange soon /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif