Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to buy...besides the dealer?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by steelsoldiers, Feb 25, 2003.

1. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

Hey guys,
    I bought me a replacement 27 gallon tank for my truck and I am going to replace the sending unit too because it quit working years ago /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Are there any aftermarket sources for these? I also need a new or good take off front pulley for an '84 6.2L. Anyone? Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Chris /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

Chris, Not sure how much you paid for the tank but you can get them from colemans's surplus for 25 bucks. go to thier web site and search for "fuel tanks".
    http://www.colemans.com/
    As for the other parts check out gm parts direct, I usually get the part numbers from the dealer and check there. The prices with shipping are cheaper than the gm parts counter even with my jobber discount. there's always autozone.

3. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

Hey Rugger, I actually got my tank from Coleman's. Thanks for the tip though /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Are there any sites online where you can look up GM part numbers? I thought I ran across one once, but now I don't now where it was /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. I'll probably end up getting the pully from a salvage yard, but I'll definitely have to order the sending unit. Thanks again.
    Chris /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. BlackDog714

BlackDog714 1/2 ton status

What about truck fuel tanks?

I read this post today, thinking I would never have to use it. Low and behold, I walk outside and my damn pass tank is leaking /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

The link only has Blazer tanks, is there a good source for the trucks?