Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to buy drive sleeves for a 205?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudstud, May 30, 2002.

1. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Where can I get one? This is the 27 spline coupler that goes between the tranny and the case. I'm not sure I NEED one but would like to compare the one I have to a new one to check for wear. Also which way does it go on? The internal flat area forward or rearward facing?

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Junk yard or dealer, I don't think auto parts stores can get them. Maybe a tranny shop might be able to get them (but they probably get them from the dealer too). I believe IIRC that the side with the flat goes toward the tranny as the flat covers the speedometer drive gear area (not used on 4wd vehicles), but somebody may be able to give you a definite answer.

3. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Thanks again Leadfoot. Hopefully someone will know for sure which way it goes on. Once I get it apart it might be obvious. I have a tranny shop looking into the sleeve now. The drag is I'll have to buy it to compare the two.

4. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

I bought both of mine from the dealer. They were the 10 spline for the 4sp however. Still have one new in the box yet.

5. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

There is one on ebay right now... I believe it was around $50-60... don't remember right off... just do a search for NP205 (including titles and descriptions).

6. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

heres one: <a target="_blank" href=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=1832841871&amp;r=0&amp;t=0>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=1832841871&amp;r=0&amp;t=0</a>

7. arq

arq 1/2 ton status