Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to buy dropped pitman arm

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mich89k5, Dec 11, 2000.

1. mich89k5

mich89k5 Registered Member

I was wondering where you guys have bought your dropped pitman arms and how much? I have a 4" lift which I didn't install so if you want to know what brand lift kit I have then I don't know. Is it better with this dropped pitman arm or not? I know alot of people don't bother, but I figure everything is relative and if the blazer is raised 4" then all components should be raised/lowered to keep the geometry close to stock.

Mich89k5

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Most parts warhouses carry them. The ones I have bought were an avg of $60. I have gotten a total of 11 units in the last couple of years. I have been lifting rigs for six years, not professionally. BYP(Back Yard Performance) all the way!!!!!!!!!!

3. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

With a 4" lift you would want to get a raised steering arm. I have a 6" lift and i have the 4" raised steering arm and the 2" dropped pitman arm. I bought the pitman arm from National Tire and Wheel you can also buy the steering arm from them and they are a great company.

[​IMG]

4. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

5. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I would go with the raised sterring arm. Although it would be easier to swap out the pitman arm. But over all durability adn performance, the steering arm all the way. Get the pitman arm if and when you go bigger than the 4".

I miss my Ex, but my aim is getting better!
    http://mccordhouse.freeservers.com