Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where to buy remote res. p/s pump

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by anchovyxpress, May 17, 2003.

1. anchovyxpress

anchovyxpress Registered Member

Mines leaking and squealing and I would like to buy new one,autozone was no help and dealer said $360. Does any other part store carry them?

Don

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

What was the original application? I've got a remote resevoir pump on my '75 that came from an '87 Corvette. If something like that would work for you, then an auto parts store should be able to get you one. Or just fix the one you have. There are only a couple of seals in the pump and they're pretty easy to replace. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Most K30's with a 454 and hydro-boost on them had a remote reservoir pump on them. If you don't have hydro-boost, you will need to cap one of the return lines (it will have two). There was a vehicle out there that only used one return nipple on it, but right now I don't remember what it was. I can check on monday when I am at work if you would like. Let me know.

4. anchovyxpress

anchovyxpress Registered Member

oh yeah, its a k30 454 with hydro-boost. I've been to a couple parts stores and they look at me funny when I tell them it has a remote reservoir. Does any parts store carry them?

Don

5. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Maybe try not telling them it's remote reservoir and see what they give you (might save the stupid looks). If not, find a real parts store and ask for a pump for an '84 K30, 454, dooley. That is what my pump can came from. Any good parts store worth their wheat should be able to get one for you.

6. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

try not to tell a partscounter person too much, it confuses them something fierce