Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to buy Rubber - HELP!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CooknwithGas, Apr 22, 2002.

1. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

Need some help guys. Does anyone know of an internet site where I can order blazer top rubber window seals - I need the seals for the quarter windows that go on the top - I got my sliders this weekend. Also need the windshield rubber seal. Preferrably the kind WITHOUT the chrome strip.

Here's the hard part. I want to pay with PayPal. I have some saved up in my PayPal account from Ebay auctions and want to use this.

Anybody know where I can make this purchase?

Thanks.

2. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Try LMC. I'm not sure of the web address, I think it's on the links page.

3. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

I tried LMC. All they want to do on their web site is send me another catalog. I need someone who will take PayPal over the internet and get it shipped out today. Any ideas?

4. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

If it's for a 2nd generation full top then the only places I found were golden state pickup parts and cheyenne pickup parts. Be ready to pay about $450 for all the rubber. If you need the phone #s I can dig those up for you.

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Nothing really over the internet. If you just need the window seals, try jc whitney. I bought a bunch through them. They worked good too. if you are doing all of the seals on the top, be prepared to spend at least $450-$600. It ain't cheap! I've spent over $1000 doing ALL the rubber on mine.

6. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Hmmm, rubber... try the local pharmacy?

The chrome strip is a seperate piece from the rubber seal that holds the window in. It is called reveal molding or locking strip, depending on who you're talking to. The black ones are really cheap and you don't even have to get the right length. Just get three for the windshield ( I am assuming that you are talking about the two side windows in the topper?) and when you have installed it all the way around, cut off the excess length and lock it in with the little clip.

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I don't think you are going to find many companies that actually take paypal...I don't recall seeing any "large" ones that do.

GMpartdirect is a good source for real GM parts, (which does matter a lot of times) and will likely give you a lot better deal than your local dealer. Some of the online auction sites might not be too bad to check out either.