Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to buy TH350/NP205 coupler

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CyberSniper, Nov 6, 2004.

1. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Where can I get a TH350/NP205 coupler?

I lost mine on the side of the road. I have the adapter, the transmission, the transfer case, but no coupler.

2. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

well as luck would have it, I did find one by the side of the road the other day /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

seriously, check ebay...just search "NP205", there always seem to be 1-2 on there at a given time.

3. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

there are a couple of styles IIRC.

my extra one got sold on ebay a while back in the day of slush boxes. some go for decent $. crazy.

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I bought a brand new one from a local shop near St. Louis, it cost me around 75 bucks. He had to order it from Minnesota.

GDS 4 X 4 & Drivetrain Service
    24 Schiber Court, Maryville, IL 62062
    (618) 345-4294

5. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I bought a drivesleeve from 4x Heaven for $50...

800-800-1679 (NY)

6. MoonMan

MoonMan Registered Member

A year ago I got a coupler for a SM456/NP205 (10 spline of course) from GM for only $35. I dont know if you could get one for the TH350 or not, but its worth a try.

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

The 2 TH350 to NP205's I had didnt use a coupler like the SM465's did(they look like a pipe with splines inside)--the ones I had joined the tranny shaft and the input shaft of the transfer case by using a ball bearing with splines machined into the inner race,the bearing was mounted in the adaptor with 2 snap rings,and had rubber seals on the bearing to keep the ATF and 90W gear oil separated. I have seen other ones that the tranny shaft slid directly into the input of the transfer case too.I wonder why GM used so many different cases,adapters,and tranny designs?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif--their engineers must be easily bored I guess---. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You just failed to pull the coupler from the transfer case. AFAIK, all TH350/NP 205 combos use a drive sleeve.

TH 400/NP 205 does not.

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Thats very possible--I pulled the transfer cases out to store them away until I sold them,never took the adapter off either one. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

10. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

i have seen a 205 adapter with and without bearings as diesel4me is saying. its been a couple of years when i cracked one in my rig. it was just a drive sleeve with a couple of seals. the one i replaced it with (350/205 combo) had a pair of bearings in the adapter.