Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to drill hole for clutch master cxylinder in auto to manual swap?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Jun 10, 2002.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Nov 8, 2001
    Okay, I have an entire pedal assembly now, but where do I drill the hole for the master cylinder in the firewall? There is a hole already there that is about level with the brake master cylinder and it has tehi speedo cable running through it...I was thinking that is where the pushrod for teh cluth MC goes... Any ideas...thanks in advance for any and all help...

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

Dec 28, 2001
    a little lower there will be some indents that will centre your drill
    apparently the little support rods will guide you to it if you have them installed.
    i drilled it in that spot before i found the right spot.
    I have a pic or 2 if your email will accept them
  3. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Jan 16, 2002
    Do you have the Hydro pedals? If so the Clutch master uses the braces from the Hydro pedal assembly.

If not, it is LOADS of fun to set them up. I did this on my firends 72 blazer. He did not have the Hydro pedals. He had the stock pedals. You need to get both left and right and up and down correct for the angle of attack for a Master clutch cylinder.

If I recall, you use about 2" below the hinge point on the non-hydro pedals, this is where you will drill another hle for the Clutch rod.
    Then about 4" below that and perpendiculiarly level across to your firewall is ABOUT where your Master Clutch cylinder will go.

Check it out...