Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to find 1410 yokes?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BadDog, Apr 1, 2003.

1. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I'm planning to put 1410 yokes all around on my truck along with a doubler real soon. So, I'm just wondering where to find used 1410 yokes (and shaft donors, I'll build my own spare (maybe the front too) but get the rest from Jess). This should give me only 2 U-Joint sizes on the entire truck and same shaft (within 2”) front and rear.

This is what I know (or what I've been told to be more precise).

1) For the D60 front. Same as a D70. Look in the back of Dodge 1 tons with a diesel. Also D70 axles in motor homes. Maybe older D70s in military vehicles.

2) For the C14FF rear. High GVWR chassis cabs seem to be about it?

3) For 32 spline 205 outputs. Older Dodge diesel 4WD 1 ton trucks.

Does anyone know of other sources (or mistakes in these)?

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

try calling Six States Distributors, they might have some of those instock, or can get them.dunno, thats where i got my 1350's ( i know not the same) but what the hell maybe give it a try.

3. BadDog

Yeah, they can be bought new. I know Jess carries them in stock. I'm just trying to save a few bucks (so I can afford that doubler and new shaft(s) from Jess) by buying the yokes used. I just need to know what they came in...

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i think he is looking for used spares from production vehicles... not a source of new yokes. I got my 1410 yoke for my D60 from HAD. No idea on where you might find used factory replacements... I think if I was looking for them I would try calling up driveline shops to see what they might have layin around. Worth a shot,
    ***edit***

lol, the guy beat me to the punch, i guess the consolation was that my analysis of his post was on the money. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

5. BadDog

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. jekbrown

I wouldnt mind having a spare 1410 yoke for my D60 and ff14b... could come in handy, and they dont take up THAT much room in the big on-trail tool bin. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

7. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

I remember hearing an argument that 1410's wernt any stronger then 1350's the just had longer "ears". People
    said that the 1350's were just as strong because they were just as thick etc. Some said that the 1350 might even
    be stronger becuase since the "ears" wernt as long there wasn't as much leverage on them. If this is true then
    what are the benefits of going to 1410's? Thanks
    -fLeXy K20

8. BadDog

This is pretty much true. They have the same caps, just a longer trunion. In fact, the spicer manuals show the 1410 as not being rated to handle as much torque as the 1350. However, the 1410 can survive at higher angles due to the longer cross arms. That's why I want it...

9. jekbrown

yeppers... i forget the exact specs for what angles each joint is supposed to be able to operate at but the 1410 is capable of like 10 degrees more than the 1350 u-joint. The #s are on the HAD site... but said site isnt loading for me right now. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

10. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

So the 1350 is stronger? Hmm so if you arnt running any extream angles then you might as well go with a 1350?
    Also what does chevy use stock? I want to know what yoke came on my front dana 60. And what do they use
    on the rear 14BFF? Thanks
    -fLeXy K20
    PS What is HAD and what is the site?

11. BadDog

Correct, if you don't need the angles, the 1350 is stronger, but it's not by a huge amount. 1350 is also much more common.

Believe it or not most (all?) GM front D60s come with 1310s at the diff with 1310 CVs. Same as half ton... Rear C14FFs come with 1350s on 1 tons. 1330 or 1350 on 3/4 tons. This is correct to the best of my knowledge, but there could certainly be odd deviations through the years and option packs...