Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to find a wiper delay module

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Frogg89, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Frogg89

Frogg89 Registered Member

I need the the delay module that goes on the bottom of my column, and the problem is, I cant find a store that has it!!! About a year ago I replaced the wiper switch in the column and Pep boys brought out the delay module when I asked for the switch!! Now, I go back and they have no idea what Im talking about. Can anyone tell me what store has this part?? Also, if you could, tell me the proper name for it because Ive heard it called a few different names in the searches, and that really makes it harder when asking for a part.

Thanks, Ken /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

Hey Ken
    welcome 2 ck5
    pm me your adress and ill send ya a field tested good 1 :-)
    but if ya want brand new just take your old 1 in to a napa store or any GOOD parts store ya might have to check the yellow pages
    and tell em the part nu on your old 1 and they willl cross reference
    good luck
    R

3. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Hey man welcome! I also have one you can have, but I'm leaving for JRTC soon.... So if you want this one, it won't be till Turkey day, sorry! If it ends up you do want it, just send me your address in a PM and I'll send it to you when I get home in 10 days! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I need the the delay module that goes on the bottom of my column, and the problem is, I cant find a store that has it!!! About a year ago I replaced the wiper switch in the column and Pep boys brought out the delay module when I asked for the switch!! Now, I go back and they have no idea what Im talking about. Can anyone tell me what store has this part?? Also, if you could, tell me the proper name for it because Ive heard it called a few different names in the searches, and that really makes it harder when asking for a part.

Thanks, Ken /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw them in the LMC catalog CG.30 heres the info-

Page 150 Part #36-4098 Control Module Wpr Delay CK 85-87 List $74.94 Your price $59.95

You can order online at www.lmctruck.com

Hope this helps!

5. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

P/N 15598496 57.00 bucks is list from the dealer...
    Why buy after market crap and pay the freight when you can
    get OEM...

6. bpiccioni

bpiccioni 1/2 ton status

See if you can locate a nearby AC Delco distributor.

There's one here in my town that I got my Intermittent Wiper Delay Module for my 87 /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif from, via the local parts middleman ($2.00 more, fair IMHO) for about $37.xx.

And it came in an AC Delco box, and was IDENTICAL to the old one that it replaced.

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i have wiper dalay module and switch from 79, it worked

seems like everyone is looking for these but not for the 70s models, ive been saving the setup i have forever now cuz i figure soemone would be begging for one cuz they are not real common, but im about to toss with scrap. i will one of these days

hmm..

here is 79 style delay wipers setup ii took pics of:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

good luck