Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where to find column

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Nikk, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Nikk

Nikk Registered Member

I'm looking for a tilt column to replace a badly worn one in my truck. I've searched and only found one place called columns galore. Does anyone know of a another supplier that sells these? I'd like to compair prices, Thanks Nick

2. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

Have you tried to get a good used one? Around here they run $100 to $125 if it is a junk yard or some guy advertising in the paper.

However, I just picked up a real clean one out of a 91 K5 for $75 yesterday.

3. Nikk

Nikk Registered Member

Ya, I called the local yards and the only one that had one wanted 200 to 225 just for a used column. That seems like a bit to much to me /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. I was told that not just any column will fit in my year, I'm thinking that I can only use 84 to 87. Thanks for the reply

4. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

if you want to try to rebuild one i have a column out of a 86 or i have one out of a 79 and one out 0f a 80 if you want one we can work something out cause i was going to get rid of them some how /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. Nikk

Nikk Registered Member

Hey, Thanks alot for the offer. I realy dont have the time to do that right now, begining of summer is realy nuts around my house. Thanks again

6. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

There are thousands of those down here in Phoenix.

I might be willing to pull one for you out here. If you will fork out $125 plus shipping (UPS) I might grab one the next time I am out pulling parts.

PM me

7. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Or I guess I could just take the one off my scrapped Blazer and ship it to ya for a nominal fee.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. Nikk

Nikk Registered Member

Thanks once again. I'll let ya know what I decide.

9. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

No telling what the bidding will get up to but here is a rebuilt on on ebay.