Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where to find replacement seats for 85 Jimmy (tan vinyl)??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adhaney, Jan 31, 2004.

1. adhaney

adhaney Newbie

Is there such a thing as OEM replacement seats or is all hope lost?? I'm looking for my boyfriend, its his Jimmy... and the driver's seat vinyl is ripped along the seams on the back and the bottom vinyl is completely gone along with 75% of the seat foam leaving exposed rusted metal wiring of the seat's internal supports. The passenger isnt nearly as bad.... it still has all its foam but the vinyl is ripped at the seams as well.

We looked at aftermarket replacement seats but they are all really expensive (300 per seat on up!)

Is it possible to find a new replacement in either the full seat or a seat foam kit and new covers?? Or should I buy walmart seat covers and stuff cotton batting in them to fill the chunks missing from the foam?

THANKS!!!!

Dani

2. detailer03

detailer03 1/2 ton status

Good luck. There are kits to re-do your seats. Pain in the butt.
    Look in bone yard. I need some for my 89.

3. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

I got my seats from the bone yard and replaced with FURD Eddie Bauer Edition Aerostar seats /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif. Paid like fifty bucks for them and they are comfortable /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif!
    Bill

4. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

5. adhaney

adhaney Newbie

thanks! I sent for a catalog

6. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Maybe you can check some upholstrey shops in your town and see how much they might charge to repair them. My dad had his 90' K5 seats redone and you couldn't tell they weren't OEM. They look good. Also I like the junk yard idea, it would be cool to have some different seats /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Lmc truck can get you a kit for the seats www.lmctruck.com

[/ QUOTE ]
    Thats where I'de go.

8. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

chevyduty.com order some new seat covers. Comes with some foam. I changed mine easily. Anyone can do it. Took about 1 1/2 hours for both seats and they look new. I prefer chevy dute because you can order onlin. LMC need is a hassle to order from(phone orders belong in history books).

9. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I hope this "adds" to the thread, if not I apologize.

As I sit in different vehicles, (especially newer ones) I feel in the comfort department, the Blazer seats lack.

If you were to re-upholster the stock seats, is it possible to change the foam to something of a different consistency, or somehow modify the innards of the seeat so it was a bit more comfortable?

I know you can swap in anything you like, but if it were possible to stick with the right interior color, but improve the actual seat while you were in there, it would be nice.

Never recovered seats or anything, just curious if anyone has thoughts on how to "improve" them?