Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where to find speaker box upholstry

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by zach78k5, Jun 25, 2004.

1. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

where should i look to find carpet to cover a speaker box. I am covering my side panels and a utilitiy box that I built in the back. carpet stores dont seem to carry this stuff and fabric stores either. where should I look?

2. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Good stereo shops sell it, I think Home Depot sells something close to it also by the yard. There are places online which deal with custom upholstery that sell a ton of stuff. Easy enough with a search.

Try the audio section of this board, there are a couple of knowledgable guys who are in that section.
    -Chris

3. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Autozone and Pepgirls have started carrying carpet - pretty inexpensive. 3' x 6' roll for $10. That's what I'm going to use on mine. Comes in black, blue and gray AFAIK. Made by Spectra Products out of Las Vegas:
    Spectra Addy and Phone

5. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Just go to home depot, I built a few sub-boxes that fit over my fender wells and I covered them with gray felt. Looks real nice and is extremely easy to work with.

6. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

I hate wal-mart, but they sell it there also. It's in the automotive section, a few colors.