Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to find this part (vent on diff) (pic)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Boss, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Just wondering, where can I find this part, or what is the proper name for it? See pic below.

This is what I need. (what the arrow is pointing to). This is on my 14bolt. But I need one for my Dana 60. What is this part called?? Anyone have a part # or something? I called a local parts store today and we both sounded like we were clueless.
    [​IMG]

This is the vent hole on my Dana 60. I need the metal vent thingy for it.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for any help.
    Boss

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.boss.coloradok5.com>http://www.boss.coloradok5.com</A>

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I have had that problem with the stock vent tubes falling out on the GM front axles. On one D60 I built at one time, I took a tap and just threaded it all the way thru that part of the casting and installed a simple threaded hose tube you find at parts stores where they have all the pipe fittings. That thing worked great. Be careful of tapping and the shavings fall inside the differential.
    Another fix I did when I was in a hurry, I simply got JB Weld and mixed the batch and put it on the threaded part of the vent tube and also a little in the hole. Just set the tube in place and wait for it to get hard.
    If you need this vent tube, I have a few in the garage in my little "weird parts" can. I can send it to you.

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Yeah! I was pondering the same question... I need a couple of those too as well as a couple of steering arm stud.
    I haven't tried calling parts stores yet... but I bet they are gonna be a pain to find... keep us posted if you find any

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

4. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

Check the salvage yards. I picked up a couple off of some axles and a t-case laying around on the ground.

BIGJ

5. FWP

FWP CRS

K30's right on the money. Best bet is to get a 1/8 pipe to barb fitting (less than 2 bucks), and tap the hole. Just keep a rag inside the bottom side of the hole to keep the shavings out. You wanted to look inside the diff anyway right[​IMG]?

[​IMG]