Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where to find trucks/cars without engines

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by zach78k5, Dec 3, 2002.

1. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

does anyone know of a place (magazine, dealer, etc.) where it is easy to find cars or trucks that are in need of an engine. I have an engine but it is very difficult to find cars specifically blazers for sale that have no engines. Any help would be great. thanks.

2. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

hehe, did you try a junk yard, haha, sometimes you can find a deal like that from some waky guy down the street named Earl, id seriously try a junkyard, or buy a blazer that has a screwed up motor and get that. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. pissant469

pissant469 1/2 ton status

your best bet is probly going to be buy a truck with a locked or blown motor or one that is fixin to go out

4. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

I understand that I want one with a blown or locked engine. Is there anywhere besides a junkyard that I would have an easier time finding one?

5. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

Since your in San Jose, check this out occasionally. It's a place to start anyway. Craigs list /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Look for a cheapie with a trow away motor, you know, a 305

7. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

what year ya lookin for...i just bought a 79 last weekend...body in great shape..but motor is out of it..i have kinda changed my mind on it and want to find a larger truck to tow with

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

dude man come here to rust land they are dime a dozen, just that they are rusted anywhere from pretty bad to completely ate out literally, i just got a free 88 firebird today that would actually be sharp if wasnt busted front left corner from a fender bender, is aqua blue pretty and tight doors with only minor rust bubling starting in which is super damn clean for this antique of a car and has 3.42 rear and 700r4 and perfect factory 15" N24 alum mags, so im just gonna strip it and send off the body tub,
    recently scrapped an 86 wagon, cut up an 84 s/e bird(completely rotted through missing alot of metal everywhere in lower third of body), and have had billions of vehicles in last eight years that ive cut for parts cuz no one wants em, problem is that drivetrains are a pain in the arse to look for, ive been looking for almost a year now for some basic 350 heads for a bottom end i have that runs perfect, but you just cant find engines and parts here anymore.. all trucks models are just as hard to get hands on nowadays since about three years ago or so, all long gone.... any truck older than about 80 if is from this region will be scrap unrepairable shape unless saw some serious garage time alot of its life, im talking cab mounts completely gone and cab sitting directly on frame rails and inside floor mostly all gone so cross sills are out in open and sides of bed barely hanging on.

good luck!

9. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

how much $$$ are you looking for? I would be interested. I could pay soon but it might take a little while until I could pick it up. let me know.
    zach
    zachy_man@hotmail.com

10. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

oh i thought you lived in the bay area??

11. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

I don't but am planning to drive through this month. how much are you looking to get for the blazer. i am quite interested if the price is right.

12. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

just make a trip to ga. i have a yard full of them that need a engine /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif