Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to get 1-ton rotors

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k30gambi, Oct 10, 2002.

1. k30gambi

k30gambi 1/2 ton status

Napa and Autozone got them for about 45 bucks each. My dad (grumpy farmer) says they will warp the first time they get wet. Mine have already been turned twice. Any suggestions? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

I have the Autozone rotors on my rear 14 bolt for 6 months or longer, and they have been fine. I got rotors for a 1978 3/4 ton 4x4 suburban. They've gotten wet many, many times and they are still straight.

One way rotors can get warped is by tightening the tires improperly. If the sequence is off, or if they are over tightened, the rotors can warp ---- just a thought.

Thomas.

3. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

go to napa

get the united life time ones, even if they do warp wich they shouldnt, you just take em back, and youll never need to pay to have em turned again either, just take them back and get new ones! get the life time pads while your at it, and do em all at the same time /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

uh....how does it warp when it gets wet? does it shrivel when it gets cold (hehehe /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif)
    j/k

those rotors are so thick that i wouldnt worry about em warping

Ryan