Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to get 205 mount bolts?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ryan B., Jan 1, 2003.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Where can i find some replacement bolts for a 205 adapter, the two big bolts where it goes throught the crossmember and mounts to the adapter between the tranny and the 205 t-case?

I'm sure i can find the bolts i'm looking for at osh, but how about the metal washer thing with 4 tabs? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Anyone know of a kit with new bolts for the t-case adapter mounts?

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I would think either the junkyard or the dealor for something like that.

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

The bolts are regular old 5/8 coarse thread. I dont know about the metal washer thing, they are just flat steel plates with the poly kit I got.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Dale Hardware aisle 30. I work tomorrow,and Friday 9:15 to 6 pm. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Metal washer thing with 4 tabs is not a necessity. You can do without those and use regular flat washers in place of them.

If you've noticed, the aftermarket poly mounts for the t-case don't have the 4-tab washer thingies. Nor do their instructions say to reuse them.

All those 4-tab washer thingies do is prevent the bolts from backing out. Thats just something Loc-Tite can take care of instead of using the 4-tabs. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW, the bolts are regular grade 8 hardware, in 5/8" and coarse thread. Somewhere around 3" to 4" long (can't remember right now). /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Look on the ground in Hollister.........that's probably where yours are!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Ooooops, sorry!...... check the mall parking lot. FARTKNOCKER! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

7. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I just used grade 8's with a lockwasher and some blue loctite. My metal tab thing was toast, so I threw it away. Works great.
    Actually, one of my stock bolt was bent a little. Not sure why, but it was hard to remove it (can you say impact) and te new bolt went in much easier.
    -- Mike

8. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Metal washer thing with 4 tabs is not a necessity

They sure are - unless you use loctite or something else to postively lock them. The bolts *will* back out over time. Sometimes rather quickly as I found out the hard way. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

This also happends on the bellhousing crossmember on some 72-older trucks.

9. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Yeah, use loctite.

On the bellhousing - I use only RED loctite because those SOBs are a paibn to get to and they LOVE to loosen.
    -- Mike

10. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Hey Ryan, I will be picking up the parts from the TH400 soon I have to go down to SJ within a week to 10 days.
    If you can wait that long I will bring with me the bolts and the cross like washers.
    If you want I can even give you the rubber mounts, dunno how good they are though.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif