Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to get a computer chip reprogrammed?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 91GMCSuburban, Jan 11, 2005.

1. 91GMCSuburban

91GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I need my chip reprogrammed soon after my mods and need your experiences and places to get the chip reprogrammed.

2. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Any local efi shop with a dyno will be able to do it. If you live in a big city a shop will most likely be able to reflash your computer's fuel/air map curve instead of the chips.

A shop without a dyno can do it too but they won't be able to tune the chip/comp. for maximun hp.

3. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

A lot of places can get you CLOSE, but to really dial it in, you need to do it yourself. It's not really that hard, just tedious. Keep GOOD notes and make TINY changes until you figure everything out. You can start by downloading WIN ALDL and do some datalogging. Then get a hold of Brian over at TBI chips dot com (www.tbichips.com) he can get you really close, BUT it's ultimately up to YOU to to finsih it off. You can start by heading over to thirdgen.org and do some searching. The DIY PROM board is a wealth of info too. When you are ready, get a prominator (this is a flashbased chip that solves the removing, erasing, reprograming and reinstalation of you chip) and just dive in. :D