Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to get a custom chip?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Feb 27, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Thinking I may need a custom chip in my Suburban. Where is the best place to get one burned? I think the best would probably be a dyno burn chip, but I don't know where a place like that is or whether I can really afford that. I can justify a few hundred to make the Burb run right, 5 or 6 hundred I can't.

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Check with www.pcmforless.com. I think that there shop is near Pittsburg, but I believe his chip burning guy is in NC. They have dyno days quite often.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I should have gone to Baltimore yesterday. A guy back home rented a Dyno for the day. If I had a computer and all I could have done some real tuning.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Thanks but I can't find any actual info about the dyno days, cost, or even a location

5. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

On the Main Menu in the left column, select a highlighted day on the calender (or under "Dyno Tuning Events")for dyno days- looks like they will be at Xotic Motorsports in SE PA March 12 or so. Go to "Prices and Ordering" for the price options.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah but the pricing is for his standard proms he has boxed for stock rigs it seems. If thats what it would be for a custom chip after a dyno run, I will definteally jump on it. Though of course I will have to drive across the state to get to that Dyno Day. I saw a place in Pittsburgh that does Dyno Tuning at the car show yesterday. I blew it off and looked at cars :mad: Ripping down the river roads in Pittsburgh made me realize I really need to fix this driveability issue. School has a dyno now but they won't have it operating for a bit and doubt they'd just let me sit there and tune.

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

8. grindkings

grindkings 1/2 ton status

Contact Jet Performance chips. They will send you a request for that must be filled out about your vehical. I have no idea about prices cause i havn't sent mine off.