Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where to get a new gas tank?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JoshA, May 28, 2002.

1. JoshA

JoshA 1/2 ton status

I was doing some work on my blazer over the weekend and noticed my gas tank is leaking. since I have to replace it I was thinking of getting a bigger tank, but don't know what will fit. I'm also considering an aftermarket tank.

any suggestions?

thanks,
    Josh

2. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

I bought an Aerotank <a target="_blank" href=http://www.aerotanks.com/tanks.htm>http://www.aerotanks.com/tanks.htm</a>. Like it, but other guys have northwest Metal Products tanks that they like as well. Costly. Another option is the poly tank available from almost any truck parts vendor.

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I did the NWMP 37gallon tank. I had a replacement tank made out of Polyethelane that was a 21gallon stock replacement tank. The tank worked and installed easy but i wanted more distance than a measly 200miles so I upgraded to the NWMP tank. I have pics in my gallery listed below.
    Good luck

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

I have a 40 gallon tank, presumably an Aero. It's older than the hills and has the rust and dents to prove it. I had to weld and solder the sender back together because it broke apart. No fun to remove because it doesn't have a drain plug (I added one). The NWMP 37 gallon tanks have a drain plug in them.