Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where to get a stand-alone harness for a vortec 454

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by big83chevy4x4, Oct 29, 2006.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

im looking for a stand-alone harness for my vortec 454. i have found 3 so far. 1 is from Painless, 1 is from Howell EFI, and the other is from speedscenewiring.com.

the Painless and the Howell EFI harness are both $500 and use all the same sensors the factory does. speedscenewiring.com says they use only the stuff needed to run the engine, nothing you don't. but they have no price listed and havn't emailed me back yet on a price (emailed them on monday).

id don't want to run all the same stuff the factory does, like its kinda redundant to run a MAF and a MAP. i don't have a MAF and the price of a new one is scarry. there are a few other things that you don't entirely need unless you are trying to pass emitions testing, which i am not (offroad only and no testing in MI)

anyone know of a place that might sell a harness for the 454 and a price?

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Have you tried Turbo City? Painless stuff is very good and they have have good tech backup.

3. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

I'm in the process of ordering a harness from AFI affordable-fuel-injection.com They advertise on this site in the vendors forum.

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i have gone threw AFI before for chip programing, they are not far from me. they were the first that i emailed, he says its not something they do at this time. i think he has been working on the smallblock/v6 vortec stuff for a while, not sure if he finished it yet or not.

Turbo city, havn't heard of them, got a web site?

5. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner