Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to get a tube for 42x15x15 TSL?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BadDog, Jun 13, 2002.

1. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I need to find a tube to fit a 42" TSL for a reasonable price. I would like to carry 2 just in case. Local to Phoenix would be best, or mail-order, whatever...

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

why run tubes? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

3. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

Here's one reason I wanted to run a tube. A $275 reason. They didn't think it would work though.
    [​IMG]

4. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Have you tried your local big rig shop? We've had blowouts on our 33''s and didn't want to replace the almost new tire so that is what we did. Also most tractor supply type places should have them in that size.

5. BadDog

I want to carry a couple of tubes and "boots" instead of a spare. That way I save the money, weight, and room for the spare. I've already got the equipment for breaking down a tire on the trail, and I've started collecting stuff for on-board air.

6. BadDog

I don't know of any tractor supply places in Phoenix. I've looked before with no luck. The "big rig" shops I called don't have anything that will work on 15" rims. I found a place quite a while back that had tubes that would work but they were to expensive. I don't remember for sure now, but seems like it was $60 or so for the silly tube.

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

while you are looking if you find any for a 37x12.5x 16.5 hummer tire please let me know. i need 4 for the same reason. just for on the road.
    grant
    /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

8. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

What do you consider a reasonable price to pay?

9. BadDog

Hmmm, I hate when people ask that question. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Err, free! How's that? Actually I had guessed about $20 or so for a good tube. Never priced them before but the price I got seemed excessive. Am I just living in a fantasy world? Is that what they normally cost? Wll over $100 for a pair of tubes is quite a chunk...

10. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

It was something like $43 for one tube for my 33x12.5x16.5 /forums/images/icons/mad.gif , $60 for a 42 doesn't sound TOO bad. I guess we have to remember that these aren't exactly bicycle tires /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif !

11. BadDog

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    these aren't exactly bicycle tires

[/ QUOTE ]
    Aint that the truth. I'm gonna need a back brace if I have to lift them one more time. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

Maybe I need to get one of my old buds still living in AL to go down to the Co-Op or Farm Supply to check.

12. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

You are gonna need to get that volcanized. The tire will continue to rip open if you don't, I speak from experience.
    Generally, a large goodyear tractor and equipment shop will have a tube from something that will fit. I spent $18 on one for my 38.5 back a few years ago.
    mike

13. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Call Flying J and see if they have a shop. Exit 137 off of I10. Try a goodyear shop, prolly your best bet even if they have to order them for you.