Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to get an extended driveshaft?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76_Cheyenne, Jul 4, 2002.

1. 76_Cheyenne

76_Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

Where can I get an extended rear driveshaft for 6.5" of lift. Can I get by with an extended yoke or should I get an extended shaft. Thanks for the input.

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

There are a couple of reputable places. I got my CV shaft from Tow woods and its top notch. High Angle Driveline is has a great reputation and Jesse is a member here so Id recommend using them.

3. JMZ

JMZ Registered Member

You could get one from a pickup, and have it shortened. That would be the cheap way.

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

5. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Go to Denny's Driveshafts (to the web site) and download the measuring tool.
    Then call your local driveshaft co. Ask they how much $$$.
    Call around and ask questions about esp. about balancing - what machine do they use.
    I found a shop that uses the same balanching machine (40k) that Denny's does, and I can just drive over there and get what I need.
    -- Mike

6. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

www.drivelinesolutions.com Definately talk to Oscar at Arizona Driveline. His forethought saved me lots of money and he was very patient in aswering my questions and good at explaining his points. I am a satisfied customer. You can find their ads in the back of Fourwheeler and Petersons 4wheel and off road.......JP too, I think.