Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to get an extended rear brake line?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1-ton, Jan 13, 2006.

1. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

After doing a search on this site, the only part numbers I can find are for extended front brake lines, and not a rear brake line. Does anybody know the part number for a reasonably priced extended rear brake line from a place like NAPA or Autozone? I need a rear brake line that is only about 4" (or so) longer than stock. I already bought a set of extended front brake lines from a guy on E-bay that sells scratch-and-dent SuperLift products for a really good price, but he does not have any extended rear brake lines curently. This is for a 1 ton truck with a 14-bolt FF.

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

3. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

I got mine from www.corksport.com.

They do mainly sport compact stuff (I got the Blazer line with a set of lines for my Mazda) but talk to Travis and he can probably hook you up.

4. 1-ton

How much did they charge for the brake line? I am looking to spend only about $20 for an extended rear brake line. An extended rubber brakline is OK for me, since my truck is mostly a mall cruiser and light trails only.

5. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

He charged me $14 plus shipping for a stainless braided line with a red coating, 6" longer than stock. I think I got a discount for getting it with my Mazda lines but it shouldn't be too much more.

6. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

Talk to um...i think his name is shane?...having a brain fart right now

but anyways, he is a member here, and has a shop called BLACK WIDOW PERFOMANCE...he can get you brake lines, any length and any color you want ;)

7. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

8. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

for a 4 " lift i just notch the frame bracket to bend down. then fill in the gap with a welder. no problems hear.

9. 1-ton

I am not a paying member, so that forum is not available to me. I guess I am going to have to bite the bullet and pay up again (since some update issues have apparently been straightened out on this site, which allows me to host pictures with any digital imaging software I may be running on my PC). Thanks for the part number. I am going to do a search on the NAPA web site with that part #, and get a price for it.

That is pretty much what I am doing right now with a 5" lift in the rear. I am getting ready to lift my truck to 8" in the rear, 7" in the front, with a 1" body lift (it allready has), this will give me an average of 8-1/2' lift all the way around. I am also planing on running 36/13/16 TSL tires with this combo.

10. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

That sounds like way too much lift for 36s.

11. 1-ton

Yea, I may revise my plans, and go with 7" of lift in the rear, and 6" of lift in the front.

12. jk3078

jk3078 1/2 ton status

Roughcountry.com has all 3 brake lines with 4" extension for about $30 bucks. My buddy has them on his 70' chevy and no probs. Deff. the next set I'll get.

13. Clod_King

Clod_King 1/2 ton status

any industrial hose shop will make you up some brake line hoses. I work at one, and they can do anything you want, they can even put fiberglass (heat resistance) and stainless steel braiding over it for you. and they are usually pretty cheap. (atleast for me, i get everything at cost, i asked and they said it would cost me about 5-7 bucks (canadian))