Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to get bushings for custom upper shackle mount?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Jul 7, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Where could I get bushings that will fit in either 1 1/2 or 1 3/4" tubing, 2.5" wide and have a sleeve that can hold a 9/16" bolt?

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

ORD is a good source for bushings and could probably help you with the sleeve too. Either them or Poly Performance!

If I remember correctly, a YJ Spring bushing is the correct size for a 1.75" tube.. Not sure on the 9/16" part though.

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

GM rear leaf springs go in a 1.75" .120 wall tube and use a 9/16" bolt. Jeep YJ springs go in a 1.5" .120 wall tube with a 1/2" bolt. Both use 2.5" wide springs.

4. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

ORD just sold me these... they fit a stock gm front spring rear eye... I had to drill my shackles to the 9/16 size... I made a set of greasable bolts...I needed 1/4" shoulder on the bushing and these have like 5/16....but they shaved just fine with a cutoff tool in the lathe
    part number may be 2053??? Im not in the shop right now..sorry... steve will remember

cam

5. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

i have the energy suspension pn for a 1 1/2 bushing 9/16 bolt set at home as i need the same set. i talked to a energy susp. rep at a offroad show, i told him i needed a bushing set by size not aplication. he gave me his number, said to call him the following monday. he was a big help in finding what i was looking for. i can get it later today and post it if you like.