Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to get Dana 60 axle shafts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Shawn, May 25, 2000.

1. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

I'm looking to replace my front Dana 60 outer stub shafts with 35 spline shafts. The inner shafts are already 35 spline. I called Dynatrac but they want $150 each. Anyone know where else to check? I realize I have to change my hubs so I'm also looking into that.

Shawn
    87 K5

PS- Just for the hell of it, I asked the dealer what they charge for new inners (mine are a little worn at the seals). The want $343 for one side and $272 for the other. I think I'll keep my old inners!

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Don't know for sure if thease folks can help but they made the 35spline axels in my rear Dana60 and the are bad A$$!!
    http://www.markwilliams.com
    Good luck!!

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Off Road Unlimited has them. I saw a Fourwheeler article a while back where they put a set in Quagmire. You have to get specaily modified Spicer hubs from them.

http://www.offroadunlimited.com

4. Shawn

Thanks guys. I'll check both places. The outer stub shafts are only 29 spline and I feel thats the only weak link with the 60. I was told by Dynatrac that Warn makes the hubs also. What ever happened to Quagmire anyway?

Shawn
    87 K5

5. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I haven't seen any articles on it lately, mabye because it has that 5 ton rear and never breaks. I wouldn't mind having one of them</font color=blue>

6. Shawn

Yeah, the last article I saw, they went from a 2 1/2 rear end to a 5 ton! I'm sorry but if your breaking a 2 ton rear end, you need to get off the gas or lower the HP of the engine! It had a big block but I don't see how it could break that. Imagine how much clearance a 5 ton axle needs compared to a 10 bolt... I liked the tractor/street tire combo it had.

Shawn

7. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I thought he was running a highly modified Dana 60 rear end that was breaking before swapping in the 5 ton one. I'm thinking the Dana 60 had a 40 spline spool and NASCAR hubs on it, but he kept stripping the ring gear out.
    But I guess that's what happens when you have 48x24 tractor tires and 700+ horsepower (with Nitrous) and actually use the truck.
    I got a chance to briefly talk with the owner (Mike Niebhur sp??) a couple of years ago at the Indy Jamboree and he's a really nice guy. I also have the Top Truck Challenge video in which he completed in and put on an impressive display.