Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where to get doors for a 74 blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlueOx, May 28, 2002.

1. BlueOx

BlueOx 1/2 ton status

Well I was driving around at work when I saw a 74 blazer just sitting at a shop. I asked the old man at the shop if he wanted to sell it and to my suprise he said " gimme $500 and its yours." Now, I have to say the thing has a lot of rust but can be fixed with replacement body parts. The problem is the doors. I have looked for new door for that year and couldn't find any. Does any one know where I can get these door or have any ideas what to do?

Thanks,
    Charles

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

They are the same as reg. doors just cut and reinstall the rubber and plastic.... I think and oh yeah ......LUCY DOG>>> /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. jberg62

jberg62 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com/doors.htm>Right here BlueOx</a> This is a great deal considering the GM sheetmetal prices have for some strange reason sky-rocketed through the roof to approx.$600 ea. door!
    At $112.95 ea. + whatever shipping is I'd say these are a steal.

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

You will have to buy the regular doors and cut them. The other poster is right, 3 years ago those GM doors were $99. Now they are over 400??? Anyhow, the china ones are still $60. I have some pics of my cut job here. 64.91.25.88

Anyhow..you will also want to cut out and install the door handle reinforcment, as this is an overlooked but much need part. IT reiforces the door handle area, because after you cut off the post, it's pretty flimsy and after a few door pulls, it's bent. Other than that, just match the cuts exactly in the right spot, and your in!

BlazerMan

5. jackedjimmy

jackedjimmy 1/2 ton status

Contact CERTIFIT in Tuckwilla WA. They have new body parts for 2nd generation k5's and trucks as well as most other cars. I got both doors, both front fenders, both wheel wells and the chrome trim for around $210.

If you order through them or go there,make sure that you look over the parts because some of them are damaged from shipping.
    1-800-373-6990