Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where to get groover ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by willymonster, Feb 22, 2006.

1. willymonster

willymonster 1/2 ton status

does anybody know where i can get a tire groover ?:confused:

2. Geargrinder

Geargrinder 1/2 ton status

3. willymonster

willymonster 1/2 ton status

groover

right on thanks now i have another question for ya . i have a set of 39 inch tsls that are pretty much down to the wear bars, now if i tube,em and groovem what blade ya think would be the best ?i was thinkin a big one , ive never done it before, is it even worth it ? is there enough rubber so that after:confused: i groove them they wouldnt be garbage ?

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

that size get square blade in the 1/4 wide size. i have one and did some 42's and that size was great. one pass per bar. looked great. and hope you have a good shoulder and a few hours. 4 i did took around 1.5 to 2 hours. but i cut the centers to 3 block like the rock crawlers do. helps in the snow for me.

to set blade hight for any worn tire. set blade on head and put head on highes point left and let blade go to lowest point and secure and then heat up and cut. i can send ya a few pics if needed. just qive me email.