Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to get H1 rims?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by OrangeCrushK10, Jan 16, 2005.

1. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

Where to get H1 rims or Beadlocks?

Where do you get Hummer H1 rims? Or does anybody know where to get normal wheels welded up to be beadlocks?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  2. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

screw-it...

Well, after looking around I found a do-it-yourself kit where you weld the ring onto your wheels and they give you the bolts and locker ring too.

It was $80 per wheel kit.

So, I thought: "F#CK THAT SH!T. I can cut my own damn ring from 1/8" steel plate and buy some bolts myself for $80 friggin' bucks! Plus I can customize the lock rings! Cut flames into them or something."

Then I'll also have some steel left over to play around with. So maybe one of these days down the road I'll do a build your own beadlock FAQ.

$80 my @ss for steel rings and bolts...

3. willhol

willhol Newbie

:weld: There are two sets of Hummer H1 rims for sale on E-bay tonight.

4. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

My .02....

I have done both.....Scrounged for rims, bought the centers, CUT out the old centers (sux) second guessed the placement of the weld-in center, then worried about it not being true. Then there are the other expenses....lug nuts, studs, run-flats/beadlocks (good luck finding the magnesium ones...at least around here) o-rings etc.

This time, I just called daniel @ usa 6x6. I ordered first gen hummer rims complete with runflats for my rockwells. It was like 7 hundy shipped, but I dont have to worry about dealing with it, and can work on other stuff. And before anyone blows me up about Daniel.....I was in on of the first Hummer rim fiascos a few years ago with him, but believe me, his $#it is wired tight now. He send his rims out w/i .030" run-out (same standard as all steel rims).

OTOH-check out his new stlyes. kind of a modoular style that is easy to weld (read:almost impossible to **** up) and the price is killer.

Bottom line-the PIA factor is ALOT higher dealing with the rims.....

Hope this helps...Rob

5. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

well if your looking for H1 wheels just to get the beadlocks, but wanna run em' on your D44 your sh!t outa luck, they ain't gonna fit. You have to run a DRW front axle to get H1 wheels to work... they have around 7" of backspacing.

It doesn't get much cheaper for beadlocks than the do-it yourself kits... and by the time you buy the steel, buy the bolts/washers, and then take the time to make them (and make the fit right) your way better off just spending the 80 bucks and calling it a day... your time has to be worth something...