Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to get ISO fitting for hydraulic clutch?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Mar 22, 2002.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I broke the line on the slave cylinder for my friend's '91 C1500 truck. I need an ISO nut so I can make a bubble flared fitting for it and repair it. Does ANYBODY know where I can get it? I'm scared to go to the dealer and bend over and grab my ankles...but I'm starting to think that I might have to.

2. ducati-cooter

ducati-cooter Registered Member

are you talking the clutch, if so you sould be able to get it at a parts store

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

No, not the clutch. The fitting for the end of the line for the hydraulic clutch. Where the steel line attaches to the slave cylinder.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Somebody please help me out here. Many of you are using hydraulic clutch setups for your tranny swaps. Somebody has to have a clue as to where to get the line for it.

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

i running into the same problem, i want a custom length hyd line and no one around here make the bubble flare. any help appriciated.

ARQ.

6. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

What we have done on my truck and On Laynes is to get the line from GM and then cut it and Braze a AN fitting on this way you can use the GM fitting. as it can only be gooten from GM and anly on there premade line it is a bit of a pain.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I figured it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big A auto parts had a fitting--bubble flare in one end, 3/16 american normal flare fitting female on the other! I put another little adapter on top of that that makes the 3/16 line into a 1/4" female. That way I can use normal, double flared brake lines. With that adapter setup in both ends, you can use easily acquired double flared brake lines to run your hydraulic clutch and not pay $65 from the dealer for a pre-made line.

I'll tell if it works tomorrow without leaking, but I honestly think it'll be fine!

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Well, it's a no-go. The adapter I bought was the wrong thread pitch. Back to the drawing board.

9. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I think <font color=orange>blazer72</font color=orange> has the best idea. it's probably what i will do, just gotta find someone good to do the brazing.

ARQ.

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Brazing is easy. It'd be no big deal.

What you guys are saying, though, is that I have to spend the $65 on the factory line or what? There's nowhere else I can get that fitting?

11. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I am sure you can find a place on the net. when i was doing my search i found a few places. i could not get any of the local hose places to help me identify the size of the hose correctly to mail order one. some called it inverted flare others bubble flare, none of them wanted to deal with it, so i just gave up. I am sure i could of called up one of the places i found in the internet but it'll be easier to braze it and be done and over with it. If i find another hose somewhere in a yard, i'll probably snag it and do the same to it to keep it as a spare.

ARQ.

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

The technical name for it is an ISO fitting (International Service something I think). Bubble flare is a slang term for it. Inverted flare is a different fitting completely.

I believe it's 10mm x1.0 pitch but i'm not sure yet.