Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to get longer stainless brake hoses for my 71 K-10????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kickinasphalt, May 17, 2004.

1. kickinasphalt

kickinasphalt Registered Member

The Tuff Country 6" lift I'm gonna install in my 1971 Chevy pickup has brakeline mount extenstion but I would rather just install longer stainless lines instead. You can get 6" longer set of three (2 for front and 1 for back) for $146 from http://www.suspensionconnection.com/ I have also found that this place makes a set just for my pickup plus they can make them longer for my lift: http://www.inlinetube.com/ Anyone else know of other places that maybe cheaper? Is a 6" longer hose enough for a 6" lift (makes sense to me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

2. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

Try 4wheel parts, thats where i got mine for my 84, it has an 10" lift on it i got them for $96 thats with shipping

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

6" longer isn't long enough.

I'd get some at least 10" longer.

4. kickinasphalt

kickinasphalt Registered Member

The guy I talked to at that Inline Tube place said 6" should be enough for 6" lift. I'm not doing any serious climbing of stuff where I will be articulating the front axle a bunch.

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I got some pro-comp (for a 73-76 k5) ones from summit.

I think they were almost $90.

I didn't really think they were long enough...

I made a little bracket for the rear to lift it about 3" higher then the diff cover bolt it was on and used the relocation brackets that were welded to the frame in the front by whoever installed the rancho lift that was on it when I got it. All told I am at about that 10" number...with only 4" of lift.

If I had it to do over I would have just got them the right length the first time.