Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to get my window's tinted???

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by UseYourBlinker, Oct 22, 2002.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Where to get my window\'s tinted???

Anyone know of a local place that does good work? I need to get my new/used window slider's tinted. Also how much whould that cost? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: Where to get my window\'s tinted???

I had this place by my house do it for me.
    I believe it was $250 for all three windows in my hardtop.

The only thing is you gotta be careful with window tint because i was loading some metal in the back of my truck and it scratched the tint a little bit.
    I want to say it was like California tint on dell ave, campbell....
    but i could check into it if ya want.
    If you did go there to get your windows tinted, you'd have to drive the extra block to come to my house and have a beer. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Ryan

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Extreme Polish &amp; Tint in San Jose did all the windows on my Subaru (station wagon, 7 windows plus 2 sunroofs) with their best all metal tint, for about $300. Did a good job too. </font color>

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My buddy has a window tinting business for the last 16 years called N-detail window tinting. I am sure he can beat anyones price, especially if you have the windows out already. He is mobile but lives in livermore and we could always hook up at his house or something.

5. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Can you post his number? I want to tint the windows on my GTI... and it would be very /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif if I could get it done while I was at work... by mobile you mean mobile business, right?

6. The85k5

The85k5 1/2 ton status

hey eric get it done at a place that has 3m tint...it has a lifetime warrente..theirs a place in newark kinda by pep boys that quoted me 100 for my front windows and wing windows /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Rob- be carefull that you don't get pulled over. It is NOT legal in CA. to have your front windows tinted. If you do get pulled over hope that the officer will let peal the tint off while he/she is there. Or get the $20 fine go through a bunch of paper work. Then peal it off. Set up a time to meet with CHP and get it signed that you pealed it off. Suggestion: DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY

Eric- Like Rob said it is over by the back side of Costco. Down by the Harly Davidson shop. They are kinda pricy. I asked to get my back roll up window they wanted about $180.00 And I laughed in the Guys Face...

GOOD LUCK KEN

8. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Ken,

You must have bad luck (or DARK tint)...I've always gotten the 5-window tint on my vehicles (doors, quarters, and rear) in a 50% tint and have NEVER been hassled about it....I've certainly been pulled over enough times, so it's not CHPs lack of opportunities.... I think it has a lot to do with the first few seconds of the "encounter" and how you behave. I always show a lot of respect, and that seems to get me out of a lot of trouble.

9. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

LOL /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Here is the number for N-detail window tinting, 510-490-6107. His name is Mark. He started out doing automotive and now caters to commercial stuff but still does auto.

11. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Kewl... thanks!

12. The85k5

The85k5 1/2 ton status

hey eric i talked to a cop and he said 35% on the rear windows is totally legal but any tint in front of your face is illegal....he said that u can have half your front windows tinted as long as they can see your face haha...also he said that most all police dont care about tint unless its black or your causing trouble...

13. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I'm leaving the front windows alone. I just wanted to get the slider's tinted. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif I've got a line on a factory tinted rear window,and I should be picking that up in the near future /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thanks for info everyone!! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif