Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where to get "oh s$!t" handles?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85chevy4x4, May 20, 2002.

1. 85chevy4x4

85chevy4x4 Registered Member

where to get \"oh s$!t\" handles?

Now that I got my truck on the road i need some place for my passenger to grab on when i'm wheelin or going around a curve. Where can I get some? Should I just take them off another vehicle? I want some strong ones so my passenger doesn't rip them off. I think I need two on the passenger side.

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Re: where to get \"oh s$!t\" handles?

Great question...even though I have no answers /forums/images/icons/wink.gif I've ripped my driver side one out twice now... what to do?

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

You mean the ones on the door in the inside? If so check out some ones tpi86 has for sale... a bunch of us have them (me included). I love mine...... if it's just a matter of needing a handle to grab... you can get some stainless handles for like $15-$20 for 2 at Walmart... I have some on the outside between my door and hardtop for getting inside and they are solid and never gave me any issues...

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Got Pics? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Go down to your local big rig dealer they have long ones and short ones and lots of shapes. Look on the outside of the next big rig truck you pass and see what the driver uses to help get in the truck.

6. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

jcwhitney has them in the jeep section of their catalog. i have two of them in my blazer.

7. schwank

schwank Registered Member

I found a couple of the originials for my 91 at a local yard... but the plastic bases they originally used to mount em seem to be harder to get. Then I noticed in the last issue of the 4WheelParts catalog a small blurb on some handles made of 1" tubular steel from warrior products (warriorproducts.com, 888-944-4979, discount code 12) in either chrome or black powder coat finish.

They look pretty good and should be a decent replacement for the stock handles.