Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where to get parts for 208 transfer case?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85chevy4x4, Aug 19, 2002.

1. 85chevy4x4

85chevy4x4 Registered Member

I've got an 85 chevy 3/4 4x4 with a 208 transfer case. I took my transfer case apart and found that I had a shift fork broken. One fork was completely gone and the other fork was really worn. It had been popping into 4wd by itself for quite some time. Also I found a magnet in the bottom broken in a million pieces. Where does the magnet go? Does it just sit in the bottom of the case to collect metal shavings? Where is a good place to get the forks and magnet? How can I tell if I need to replace the chain as well?

2. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Most auto parts stores will carry some kind of rebuild kit. Don't know if they'll have all of what you need. Tranny shop, etc. could probably point you in the right direction. BTW, fill out your profile, you may have somebody around the corner from you that will have the parts for cheap.

John

3. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Any auto parts store can order you a rebuild kit....forks are usually dealer items....look to spend about $50 a fork