Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to get reclining seats?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txbartman, Apr 16, 2002.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

My next mod is to build a little more comfort into my cab. my high back, non-reclining seats are in good shape, but aren't always that comfortable for longer raod trips. I want to replace them with some reclining ones. Maybe even ones with an armrest. Any suggestions for where to get some? Should I do the junkyard thing or go to a van conversion place?

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

If you want to come to sherman, there's a place right off of 75 called Carrols. He buys wrecked cars and combines some of them, strips others. As a result, he has a lot of parts left over. I got a pair of tan seats out of a 2000 Ford Contour for $75 and made custom brackets to mouint them to the cage. The great thing about these is that they are good condition, all sitting in one place, cheap, and stored indoors. I dont know what color your interior is, but he has several sets of gray and a couple sets of really nice black ones right now. I was there Thursday. If you go by, head north on 75 till you hit sherman. Take the park street exit I think. The guy's place is right by Sherman Power Sports on the east side of the highway right when you get into town. Good luck to ya!!!

Bryan

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

btw, there's pics of mine on my webshots below.

4. creampuff90k5

creampuff90k5 1/2 ton status

Hey,
    There is a van conversion shop that sells on ebay under the name "truckandrvsupply". The reclining bucket seats they offer are brand new chevy/gmc take-outs and they are an awesome value. Price per pair is usually about $200, including shipping. I have some in my truck and can email you some pics of the installation if you're interested.

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

6. muddevils

muddevils Registered Member

i got a seat of leather riccaro (spelling?) buckets from a local BMW shop they were laying around and he sold them to me for $125.00 and man are they sweet, they don't feel like they wuld be that great but since they cradle you with the high bolsters at the thigh and sides they feel like your sitting in your fav. chair back at home. they also have alot of knobs for adjusting them in all kinds of positions. you might want to check with your local BMW shops i promise you won't be disapointed with them, even several people i know have run the same seats and they love them. Good luck looking!!

7. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I've got the seats and console out of a '99 2 door Tahoe. They recline, flip forward and have power. I just plugged the wire into a 30A fuse and they work. I really wish it was a bench seat though...if you go up to Carrols and they have benches for a good price could ya tell me? If your interested, I'd be willing to sell you my setup if I find a good one.

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I didn't see any benches there. Mostly he deals in late model disposable cars. What kind of bench do you have in mind? 60/40 split? or a regular bench outta a pickup?

9. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

preferably a 60/40, but I think I could make a regular bench work.

10. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I am really looking to end up with a 40/20/40 combination. That center console is too huge. I loose stuff in there for years at a time! 4WPW sells the seat/consoles for the center. I was planning to find a pair of reclining seats that I was happy with then find a center seat to match. If I can find a set out of a sub or a 2dr tahoe, it shouldn't be too difficult to find a matching center seat.

Where did you get your Tahoe seats?

11. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

This place seems to have a bunch of styles:

www.salesco.com and those wicked 20's you know you have always wanted!!!

Shane-

12. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

They were installed by the PO, but I have had them out, and seen the mods needed to make them work...basically a few holes i nthe seat frame.