Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where to get transfer case brace ?!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mike reeh, Mar 11, 2002.

1. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

someone mentioned getting the brace that goes from the 205 to the bellhousing from a dealer.. well i was there getting some other parts and i had her lookup the brace for an early 80s truck, that would have the 205/th350 combo..

the computer was vague (didnt list t-case, only tranny) but she came up with one.. she had it delivered from the other dealer and I took it home

well it looks like it will fit but its too long.

I compared it to the one on the th400/np205 that is sitting in the shop, and its LONGER than that one.. the one that I want should be SHORTER than that one..

so Im gonna take it back (it was only $20)

BUT the parts lady cant look up anything pre-80 or whatever cuz its all discontinued..

SO- anyone know a PART # for the th350/np205 brace?

---OR---

the latest model vehicle that would have used that brace?

thanks all

-mike

2. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

I was told that there are 2 lengths and that they do little to prevent your tranny from cracking (im going through this rite now), but there is a l-bracket made that bolts to your t-case then to the frame, that might be a better option. as where to get either, well here in Co. i go to Chevy Truck Parts and im sure they can send you one or the other the #is 303-298-7278.
    Good Luck

3. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

do you have a picture or drawing of this I-brace? Im trying to picture it in my mind

mike