Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to get u bolts for the 14 bolt?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Oct 11, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Where can I go to get u bolts for the 14 bolt cheap? I should have my Dana 44 with 4" BDS springs under the K5 yet today so the next step is mounting up the 14 bolt and homegrown shackle flip.

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Call Rough Country's 1-800 order line. Just ask for the u-bolt kit for the rear of a '79 3/4 ton pickup. Should be around $25-30 to your door.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

you can get them from ord or just look in the phone book and find a local spring shop they will custom make them for you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Rough Country wanted 30 for the fronts without shipping. I will try them again.

5. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Funny...they must not have a set price for them. I just bought the fronts (for when I did my D44 swap) about 3 weeks ago and the kit was $20 to my door. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Try and talk them down if they ask anything over $30 including shipping for the 14 bolt U-bolts...I'll bet you could do it.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Yeah I know I called them up cause you said about your bolts. So I still don't have U Bolts for the front either. need to remedy that. I'm trying to remember if the PepBoys lift u bolts are the right size, for the Dana 44 I know they aren't for the 14 bolt.

7. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

have you looked for a local spring company? Out my way I get all my spring stuff at Penn Public. They can do everything from U bolts to bending custom leaf springs for everything form a toyota to a peterbuilt. Most cities have at least 1 place like this.

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

haha sellersville a city? yeah I'm gonna look for a place on monday. I can't think of any places I know do that kind of stuff but I will find out.

9. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I drove about 50 miles to a spring shop and they made them for me. Cost about 50 or 60 bucks for the 4 ubolts w/ the hardened steel washers and nuts.