Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to get wheel bearing hub??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 74Chev, Apr 6, 2003.

1. 74Chev

74Chev 1/2 ton status

While packing the wheel bearing found a spun race in one of the hubs. I do not want to use the ghetto fix method of punching rough spots in the hub to hold the race tight but I can't find anyone or anyplace that sells the hub, just the rotor and they have also all said they can't even order one. I am not against getting it form a dealer becasue I can get a good discount but to they still have a valid part number for this? I will call them when they open tomorrow if anyone can tell me if this part still exists, or where I can get one. Truck is a 74 3/4 ton dana 44 axle.

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

call a junkyard? But they might not want to part out complete axles

Call J&H fourwheel drive, they are in the phone book, and they are located On Powell Blvd,

3. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Look on Ebay. There is a place in Ogden UT selling brand new ones there for about $185.00 each. The co. is called Ventures.

Auction closed but has phone number listed here.

4. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

See about visiting a junkyard. A lot of people go there to get the inner and outer axleshafts and leave the rest. Usually yards are all too happy to get money for an otherwise useless axle.

This also might be a good time to get different knuckles-out instead of the older early Dana 44 stuff.

5. CamaroZ85

CamaroZ85 Registered Member

strange....you mean the actual piece that the rotor mates to, correct??? If so, that is a Wagner # BD61707 and I would imagine that most stores should at least be able to order that! I'd call around w/ that number for a bit and see how long it will take to get it ordered.