Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to go play around Eugene?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by W7NB, Nov 19, 2006.

1. W7NB

W7NB 1/2 ton status

Ok, so I bought the balzer, got new 33's and took care of a few mechanical things that needed fixing. Question now is where to go play? Back in the 80's and early 90's we used to go up to shotgun creek to break things, but that is now all fenced off and the area has been set up for class 1 and 3 toy folks.

Suggestions for a good area to get muddy in the South Willamette Valley:confused:
    Would love to go try this out in some easy to modearte terain not too far from home if (when) I break somthing.

2. W7NB

W7NB 1/2 ton status

So are all the Oregon members in the Portland area? I figured there had to be a few of us in the south valley :dunno:

Come on folks, I want to go get my truck dirty! :crazy:

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

55willy is from your area, he'll know where you can go.

4. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

The noon day isn't that far from you, couldn't tell you exactly how to get there though. I only went once, and just followed the guys in front of me. :crazy:

5. W7NB

W7NB 1/2 ton status

Looks like a fun run, although I might wait for better weather so we can enjoy the scenery along the way. Also how found a few others to explore via websites. Perhaps I'll go do a little exploring this weekend.

6. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

check out the oregon bush hackers site. they've got directions to a few wheeling places around your area.

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

noonday is an great trail, that whole area is. specialy in the snow you get up on big river and you have 3-4' of snow in the area like a football field.

for noonday you just go to cottage grove, turn left to head east and go under i-5 and just follow that out the whole way it's a ways out and the road will narrow and wind back there, there will be a huge sign to the left saying noonday trail, bohemia, there is a bathroom on the left and the road will continue over the water(if you go over the water you passed it)

with all the traffic up there it is dang near paved all the way up to the saddle so the noonday is the best way up, and more fun anyways.

8. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I guess I'm confused about noon day cause we went in some back way from where we lived in Oakridge. Lots of turns weaving through the backroads to get there.