Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to install my cb in the jimmy?

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by speed_deed, Jul 31, 2001.

1. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

My father used to own his own trucking company and also ran another one withhis uncle. So in owning all of these trucks my father has accumulated many cb's. I ran across one the other day while cleaning out the garage and want to install it in my jimmy. On the cb I have a red wire and a black wire. What wires go where? Thanks alot

1985 k-5 gmc jimmy 4x4 sierra classic. 1970 cuda 440 6 pack executive edition steering column shift.

2. SWAMPRNR

SWAMPRNR 1/2 ton status

BLACK is the GROUND wire. RED is the POWER wire . Mine Is Mounted To The Dash Blocking The Ash Tray..Only Place It Would fit .. I Dont Smoke Anyway..

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i have mine mounted under the ashtray

77blazer see it at<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</a>

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I mounted mine vertically on the front of the console. I like it there, instead of under the dash, because it's easily reached from the drivers seat and doesn't divert your attention away from the road. But the dash installation does look cleaner.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.k5.rockcrawler.com>Click here to see my K5</a>
    *<font color=red>under construction</font color=red>*

5. 90BlazerK5

90BlazerK5 Registered Member

Well, I installed mine IN the console, mounted up underneath the cupholders. Out of sight, out of the way, and out of mind (of anyone looking in the windows for something to grab) I also mounted an external speaker up under the dash. I can hit a channel, pull out the mic, close the lid, and never miss a beat!

6. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I bought one of those overhead shelves made by Steelhorse. Puts the CB out of the way but real easy to see and adjust the controls.

Smitty

7. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i wedged mine inbetween the console and the drivers seat. its super easy to acess.
    i have also mounted it in the center console. that works well to.

<a target="_blank" href=http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/>confederate9.coloradok5.com/</a>
    <font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>

8. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Mine is IN the center console as well. The way I set it up you have to open the lid, pull up on the cup holders and then undo the antenna n power, then you can unscrew the bolts that hold it on. Lots of hassle...but who's gonna mess with all that? By the time they get the console open there will be a 12 guage sitting on their head!!

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need any roads!
    If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all!!

9. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Mine is under the ash tray ...but I'm moving it to the roof in the center and I'm going to connect the stock dash speakers to it....As well as the PA that is mounted under the hood....

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"