Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to jack the rear of the body???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BlazerGuy, Jul 16, 2004.

1. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I'm replacing my body mounts/installing a body lift. I'm kinda stumped as to where to jack up the rear of the body. The only place I can see would be the tailpan. The bodylift is a 1 incher. The K5 is an 84.

Where do you jack yours? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

It's easier to do from side to side rather than front to rear. Use a floor jack and some blocks of wood and lift up one side of the body somewhere flat under the front seat area, this should lift one whole side. Beware the lift springs for the tailgate may want to hold the tail pan down.

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Beware the lift springs for the tailgate may want to hold the tail pan down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe that's whats happening. I had the jack in the middle of the body and I was able to do all the mounts except the ones near the tank. Maybe I'll pull the lift springs and see what happens...Thanks