Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where to look on the car when bying a Blazer from 75 till 79

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by safarijus, Aug 2, 2002.

1. safarijus

safarijus Newbie

Hello

I'm from The netherlands so please do not look at my bad english. I want to buy a Blazer which build between 75 and 80 can somebody tell me what the bad points are so i'll know where to look on the car when I am buying one.

greetings Colin van der Zaal

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Rust in the rocker panels and floor boards, rust in the bed,fenders......cracks around the steering box on the frame.Just check it out thoroughly top to bottom....front to back!
    Bill C

3. lt61173

lt61173 1/2 ton status

Check the tailgate area real good. Mahe sure you open it & check where it mounts (hinge area) and the rear floor.

4. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

my fenders and wheel wheels were rusted out too look for holes in the wheelwell you can only see it good when looking from underneath but i got a whole where the tires throws water and rocks up and it rusted through the fender from the inside

5. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

seriously bring some old clothes and climb under there and have a good look at the floor pan where your passengers feet would be. Look for rust there then check around where the tailgate closes on the gate itself and the rear floor pan. Rust is Bad the less rust generally the better. Depends on your uses...