Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WHERE TO MOUNT REAR HANGERS?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by BLUESMAN, Dec 7, 2001.

1. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    I'm going to install 3/4 ton rear spring hangers(the front ones) along with 56" long springs on my '78 K/5.Where do I mount the hangers since the springs are 4" longer?Should the shackles be pointed straight down or at an 30 to 45 degree angle?One other Q,,,,I went with Rough Country frt, springs,removing the bottom leaf and installed 4 degree shims and removed 2 leafs out of the 7 leaf rears(leaving the overload leaf in) with an 6 degree shim.Do you think this would be okay?Thanks!

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Not sure what you're working on with the 3/4T rear hangers, if it's a shackle flip, best advice I can give you is to look at someone's truck that installed our kit, I have a hard time giving out the info that we built into a bolt on system. There's no rocket science to it but if you want it to work right the first time guaranteed, buy the kit and bolt it on.
    i'm not sure where you're going to end up with the springs and pinion angles, but I would be careful with removing leaves from the fronts, most aftermarket lift springs don't have enough weight capacity to do what we ask anyway and removing a leaf won't help it out much.
    The rear you might be OK with the overload still in.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>

3. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    Thanks Stephen,I wanted a little less lift that's why I removed one leaf from the front.That and they are the stiff Rough Country's.I figured I would go with 3 to 3 1/2" rearward to go with the 3/4 ton springs(that's why I removed 2 leafs).Thanks.