Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to mount subs?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by blazen_md, Mar 29, 2002.

1. blazen_md

blazen_md 1/2 ton status

Got a 90 k5 blazer wanting to know a good spot to mount subs. I still use the very back of my truck so I don't want a great big box back there just wondering if there is any other good spots? Thanks.

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Blazen,

There are plenty of good spots....it all depends on how hard you want to work to get them in there...!!!

You can sink them into the side panels pretty easily, with a small spacer ring to get the mounting depth you'll need. Or you can build boxes in the rear corners that come out the same distance as the "wheel humps" so that you still have that nice big "flat floor" section available for storage.

I put mine in the side panels, between the front and rear seat area.....I've got pictures of the sub boxes in my photo gallery if you're looking for ideas. I was able to get about 1.0 Cu Ft per box, which is plenty for most 10" subs, and a few of the 12" subs out there..... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif