Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where to put subs?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by anatomiczero, Sep 9, 2001.

1. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

Well where's your subs? In the side panels, a box etc. Pics would be very helpful, I'm trying to figure out where they would best go.

----------------------------------
    soon to have a blazer/jimmy

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I run two 12s in a bandpass box behind the rear seat. I also run two 8s in truck boxes with tweeters on each side by the tail gate. Sorry no pictures. I took it all out after I rolled the truck. No top anymore.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

3. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i have a sub box behind my rear seat, but i bought some sub cages from jc whitney to fit over, so i dont have to worry bout bustin em

<font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>
    85 K5 4IN LIFT 35 GOOD YEAR WRANGLER MT/R, AMERICAN RACING WHEELS

4. testosterone

testosterone Registered Member

Ive run huge systems in all my rides in the past...we are talking full show setups with thousands of watts...with my current Blazer I decided to tone things down ALOT since its an expensive hobby. Plus I didnt want to take the whole ass end up with a big box...So, I bought a Alumapro Bp-10 (I think thats the model number)..its an aluminum cone sub built into a band pass box thats got a glass window...one of the best sounding subs Ive heard in long time. It set me back about 225 I think but it fits in a small space and rocks hard. I run it with an old Fosgate 200DSM that I had sitting around.

5. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

Cool, I'm thinking of making boxes that will go behind the wheel wells and attach to side panels that i'm going to make too, then wrap everything in carpet.

----------------------------------
    soon to have a blazer/jimmy

6. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I have two amps, one on each side, mounted as high as possible behind the side panels, just behind the front seats. The first thing people will say is they will get to hot. Not so! I live in Texas and have run this set-up through summer without any problems. Once you have your system set-up and adjusted, the amps are concealed behind the side panels, the installation is neat and clean, they become very safe from theft, they are not subject to any abuse from being under the seats, they do not take up any precious floor space, and if you get water up that high, you have a lot more to worry

Derf00

"A WISE MONKEY NEVER MONKEYS WITH ANOTHER MONKEY'S MONKEY."